Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm planning on doing some fund raising, how can I do this legally?

I'm a student who was recently diagnosed with cancer and now I owe a large amount in medical bills. I decided that I would start to do some fund raising selling t-shirts and holding bake sales to offset some of the costs. I plan on advertising this locally through fliers and other low cost methods. If this is successful it's something I would like to continue with after my medical bills and school. I would also in the future like to donate some of my proceeds to cancer research. So, do I need to start a small business or charity for legal and tax purposes now? Or can I wait? There is the possibility that this could just amount to me selling some t-shirts and cupcakes to my friends and nothing more, so I wouldn't exactly want to start a small business just for that. What should I do?

I'm planning on doing some fund raising, how can I do this legally?
It can amount to NOTHING more thn you just selling cupcakes and t-shirts you personally are not a charity but self employed.
Reply:You can also do a Tupperware Fundraiser. I would send you all the materials you need, and you would sell products from our fundraiser line. you'd make 40% of the profits. If you had others selling it with you, you'd make more.





let me know if you're interested.


Robyn

adult teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment