Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pink ribbon...breast cancer?

I'm 17 and a senior at highschool and a student at the School of Nursing and I'm a huge advocate for Breast Cancer research and support. I'm always wearing my pink ribbon and my pink ribbon necklace and I have many breast cancer/pink ribbon clothing articles. Since it's breast cancer awareness month I tried to see what my community//county and surronding cities are doing to support...........and I found out...completely nothing. At the highschool football games I take donations and sell pink ribbons. I'm getting some pretty positive responses from this but I need more. Does anyone know where I can get free materials for breast cancer awareness other than just printing stuff off the internet?

Pink ribbon...breast cancer?
You might want to contact either the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation or the Weekend to End Breast Cancer (www.endcancer.ca)...I participated in their 60km walk this year and it was truly a life changing experience.





Good luck with your efforts...you're in my prayers.
Reply:Write to Oriental Trading Company and ask for a donation of pink ribbons. Sometimes they are great about that kind of stuff.





Thank you for your hard work. My mother is a survivor!


No comments:

Post a Comment