Sunday, August 22, 2010

Selling my music for charity, good idea?

I was trying to think of a cool way to raise money for Cancer Research and as an amateur songwriter I thought it would be a good idea to try and raise money out of my music. So I have opened an indiestore at http://www.indiestore.com/charleswyvill with two tracks I wrote while my mother and grandmother were suffering (and both eventually died) from cancer. The songs are 77p each and all the money will go to Cancer Research. I am going to post a running total on my blog once I make some money. Please feel free to take a look if you’re into slower easy listening or country type of music. And let me know your thoughts on whether you think this is a good idea. Thanks, Charlie

Selling my music for charity, good idea?
Hi Charlie! I think this is a great idea. Have you contacted your local charity organizations and new medias to help you get the word out?


Also it would be great if there was a conversion option for people to purchase the music whose currency is not pounds.


I'm so glad to see someone like yourself with a caring and generous spirit, keep up the great work!


Oh and you might want to put in your download comments that this is for cancer research, you may get more people to purchase. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment